Pets bring a lot of happiness in your life, but they also bring many kinds of troubles. Many times it spoils our carpet badly knowingly or unknowingly, for this it becomes very important to fix it. Sometimes animal carpet damage goes beyond the stain because cats find a favorite scratching spot. Puppies on the carpet dig into the floor, so if your carpets have been damaged by pets, you may be able to patch and repair the worst spots. How can we tell you how to repair carpet damage caused by pets? We are going to give you information about this.
What Materials and Equipment do You Need?
Before embarking on a carpet repair spree, it is essential to make sure that you have the following materials and tools available:
- Carpet measuring tape
- Duct Tape
- Adhesive disc (can be heat activated or a regular adhesive disc)
- Tools for cutting yarn and carpet, eg, a knife or scalpel.
- In the case of a circular patch, you may need a circular carpet cutter.
How to repair pet-related damage to carpet:
To repair the carpet, you cut loose threads. Sometimes animal claws get caught in the weave of your carpet and pull out the threads, which you’ll need to clean first to make it easier to fix.
Curly loops and loose ends are left behind in the carpet. Use sewing shears to trim these down. Doing so will be level with the carpet and blend in well, so it could be your floors to love again.
You can fix the problem by transplanting the fibers into the carpet; to do this, use a box cutter to cut the fibers that match a low-profile location, like the back of a closet. With this you dab waterproof adhesive on the carpet backing where you need to add fiber. Press into place immediately after doing this, taking care not to glue them together.
Sometimes the animal will pull loose ends of the carpet where there is a seam. To fix this, use hot melt carpet tape and lay it along the seam so that half is on one side of the carpet and half is under the other. Press down firmly with the iron, melting the glue for a good seal. This will fix it easily.
Best Pro Tip:
- You can do the things mentioned above to fix the carpet. Along with this, some other methods tell you.
- Make sure to cut the matching carpet patch according to the size of the damaged section. Place the patch on the problem area and use it as a template when cutting out damaged carpet.
- Remove the bad piece of carpeting and lay the carpet tape flat across the hole, so it won’t look messy and will look better.
- Take care that the tape extends under the old rug and over the area where the patch will be installed. Place the patch on the carpet tape, check the position and press firmly into place.
- A rolling pin can be used to secure the applied seal and help join the fibers.
Final Word –
This is how you can repair carpet damage caused by pets. All these measures are effective. Even after that, if you are not able to fix it, then you can take the help of professionals.